maandag 30 augustus 2010

Farewell to summer



Last year the int the last weekend of august was the last weekend of summer. this year the last weekend of august seemed to be the first weekend of autumn.






I wanted to take a melancholic farewell-to-summer-walk like the year before(see first picture), but the rain kept pouring down so I stayed in and made some photo's of this pretty summerdress.





The dress is not actually that old. It belonged to my grandmother who made it from a cheap coupon. I don't know axactly when it was made but I do know my grandmother wore it on her 25th wedding anniversary in 1978.





This dress is one of my favorite dresses. The fabric is perfect, soft and thin, like fabrics for summerdresses ought to be. I like how the back is cut in a low V shape. Actually I like everything about it but I love the fact that my grandmother has worn and loved this dress before me.





I won't be wearing this dress for more than eight months now and I already miss it. Up next are dark fabrics, thick cottons, velvets and in a few months even wool. I like velvet just as much as I like the fabric of the summerdress but I but I still feel a little sad.



So, my dear light blue summer dress, farewell, see you next summer.



Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten