maandag 23 augustus 2010

Back to business in a bolero suit



I still have two weeks of vacation ahead of me but the rest of the world is going back to work and school so I am already in a 'back to college' mood, and I'm actually looking forward to starting my studies again.



With that mood come more business like clothes. In a few weeks I won't be wearing that many floral dresses but more things like this suit. The fabric is still a light and airy silk but it is a sophisticated 'Deux pieces'(that's what they call any outfit that exists out of two matching garments in old magazines and I love the expression).





I guess it dates fron the late 30's or 40's and bolero's and matching sets were a big thing back then. A big pro of a bolero suit is that the amount of fabric you need is a little less and an old dress can easily be made into a suit.



These are some pictures of bolero suits from old magazines.









A picture of an old pattern I found on the internet.



The skirt looks like a 'plise' skirt but it is has ever so many tiny pleats at the top.



Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten