zondag 15 augustus 2010

Making a summer dress from a 1939 pattern




A while ago I found a pattern from 1939 for a simple summerdress in an old magazine. I decided to make the dress from a white broderie cotton with red and orange flowers.



The pattern stated that it was a size 42. Today it would be a 40. I was surprized, after hearing many stories about vanity sizing, that it only differed one size. The pattern was full size and not in the least difficult so it was all very easy to draw over and cut and put together.






I decorated it with red bias ribbon and buttons. I was inspired by other pictures in the same magazine.







On this picture the dress is far from finished, but my father decided that the light and the poppies were perfect. I was very uncomforable because a lot of the seams were pinned instead of stiched together.




The finished dress.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten