zondag 3 oktober 2010

For the perfect autumn daydream



This dress is so dreamy. It is not a proper evening dress nor suitable for usual day wear. The dress is probably from the mid-thirties and is far more intricately designed that you see at first hand. The A/W collection of Ralph Lauren featured some floor length black with floral 30's style dresses. When I first saw them I wanted a dress like that, then I found this one. Ofcourse it is not exactly like it but it has the same feel, it fits in the same imaginary story.I could not find a good picture of the exact dresses I mean, but if you hapen to read Vogue or Harpers, the Ralph Lauren ads give you a pretty good idea. My fav dress is only seen from the back. It's at the bottom of the collage page where three models are walking in a garden. The dress at the left that the model is swirling around is the one for me. For fun just look at the leaves of the trees, not very autumnal, more like april,according to my dad.



You might call this a maxi dress and it has a kind of 70's vibe about it (though it is really 30's).
The fabric is quite thin and almost sheer but the colours are not meant for a summer day.



The sleeves are a little puffy at the top with a piece of filling on the inside. Just beow the elbow the sleeves are gathered with some pleats. I've seen this in many 1934/35 fashion plates.





This is a dress by Paquin from 1930. Below are some mid thirties fashion plates that have the same 'feel' as my dress, though they're not floor-length.











Now I need a wonderfull sunny autumn day to take the dress for a walk in the park or a forrest. As long as there's no mud or cycling involved it will be perfect. No matter that some people might stare I'll be in my own little dreamy world, just me and this dress.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten