vrijdag 10 december 2010

My 'new' red wintercoat



This is my new wintercoat. It is from the late 30's or 40's but it looks like new. There was a price tag still in it stating it had once cost 75 Reichsmark(the Reichsmark was replaced for the Deutschemark in 1948).



The fur collar does not belong to the coat but I think it looks amazing with it. I was also lucky to find a beret in the same shade of red at H&M.



There is also a piece of extra fabric sewn into the coat, in case reparations were needed. But there were no reparations needed since it has never been worn. And now after more than 60 years I'm the first to wear it.I'm going to be very careful not to wear it out.



The white beret is also made of fur I'd like another collar to match it
some day. For now the scarf will have to do.



Photo's were taken by my dad in last weeks winter wonder land, unfortunately the world it all green brown and grey again now.



The blue scarf is from Russia, bought it there this summer (tried it on when it was 35 c.). Looks very lovely with the red too.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten