woensdag 10 november 2010

Variations on my dress part 1: Basic



This is the first version of the simple dress, worn in the most basic way with only a black belt (original belt was missing). It photgraphs like heaven! I think I look very streamelined in it as well :P.



The dress is from the late 30's and has puffy sleeves with ribbon in the inside to make the puff more structured. The fabric is a dark blue wool with a black pinstripe, very warm in winter (though it has short sleeves, I always think it is funny that this got into fashion and was so mainstream. Womens arms must have been freezing in a time when not every room was neccesarily heated.)



The rest of the design is very simple, but elegant (I think it is one of my favorite dresses).



So this dress will form the basis for several 'outfits'.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten