donderdag 29 juli 2010

My halo and a pink dress



I've been abroad for a little while (more about thaT later) but now I'm back again with enough time to update my blog more regularly.




This dress is so pretty but it is almost too dressy to wear.



I love the beading, someone must have spent a lot of time embroidering. In some places pencil lines showing the pattern are still vissible. The panels of the skirt are cut on the bias making the skirt sleek yet very wide in circumfence.



The shoulder pads are large and very stiff. I love the little details on the inside like the little straps where you can attatch the pads to a brah or slip dress so they will remain in place.



Then there is this hat, doesn't it go great with the dress? It looks like a kind of halo to me. It probably dates from the 40's when hat sizes and shapes got very extravagant because hat materials weren't rationed (other fabrics were). It is impossible to wear when there is ANY wind because it will imediately be blown off your head.




The hat is made out of straw with a single silk flower as decoration. The flower is technically located on the downside of the hat but given the halo like model of the hat this is the best place to show of any decoration.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten