vrijdag 11 juni 2010

Waiting for the train



I live near the beautiful railwaystation of Haarlem. For me this is a very important place. The nearest grocerystore, bookstore and hairdresser are all in this station. A few days ago I could even vote there. And I should not forget to mention it is the place where I catch the trains and busses that bring me to Amsterdam.
The station was built in the early 20th century and is still very much in the style of that period. That is why Haarlem Station also featured in many (historical) fims, often playing the part of Amsterdam Central Station.



The waitingrooms are gorgeous. When they are empty you feel like you traveled back in time for a moment.



The pictures show me waering a 40's velvet evening coat with satin lining(unfortunately the camera seemed out of focus that day so they are a bit blurry). The shoulders are square and very much pronouced. The design is very simple but elegant. The hat I'm wearing is made of straw with one pink silk flower. Another time I might tell a bit more about the hat for it is a most curious thing.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten