vrijdag 23 maart 2012

My 1940's summer wardrobe

Well warm weather has arrived and as usual I've already started on the 'concepts'of my summer wardrobe(actually started in January). I normally split things up between a ca. 1935-50 and a 1950-65 part.
Last year I wore a lot of cotton 50's dresses. Most of the 40's dresses I owned were made of rayon crepe, a fabric that is somewhat chalenging to wash. The dangers of shrinkage an color bleeding are always luring over the side of my bathtub (where I wash most vintage pieces since I do not trust dry cleaning. Also: most of my 40's dresses were in autumnal wintry colors or black (lots of 3/4 and long sleeves too). Lately I bought several late 30's and 40's dresses that will do perfect for this summer.
For now just a quick repost of some 40's summer looks I already posted.



First is a late '40 or early 50's cotton dress. The hem has been taken up so it falls on my knee so the dress looks rather mid 40's.



A blue crepe dress. Perfect for days that are not too warm or to sunny. I wore it quite often last summer.......


A bolero suit ideal because it is not a floral dress but something a bit more serious.


Late 30's silk dress, quite frail,quite precious, not easy to clean,difficult.....

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten