zondag 30 mei 2010

A short introduction:


I’m an Art History student passionately dedicated to my wardrobe. I prefer to wear dresses over anything else, especially pretty vintage ones from about the 1910’s to the early 60’s. In the Netherlands severe underdressing is the norm, so I tend to be overdressed on almost every occasion.
Next to my interest for the actual dressing I’m also fascinated by clothing as an object of art and history. There is some much you can tell about a piece of clothing by looking at the cut, hemline, materials, seems and closings. The inside of many dresses is sometimes just as interesting as the outside. It can explain why a certain cocktail dress may smell of lavender or if a dress has been made shorter bigger or smaller.
In this blog I will write about my dresses (I collect them) and things related to vintage fashion like books, museum exhibitions, and the way contemporary fashion is looking back at past styles.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten